Saturday, November 19, 2011

How would you carry out quantitative survey of the plant speices in a wood land habitat?

I'm trying to do the exact same project.I think you use either a line transect, which is a long rope with knots tied in it a metre apart,or you can use a quadrat and that is a square shape which is a metre apart.To use the line transect you must place the end of the rope at a tree and slowly pull the rope out and at every knot count the amount of different species of plant at each knot. This should vary as you go further outwards. You can also use a quadrat which is harder so I'd recommend the line transect. I hope I helped.If more people could help out in answering this question it would be great because I'm a little stuck aswell. Thanks

How would you carry out quantitative survey of the plant speices in a wood land habitat?
I cut and link pvc pipe to make a sq yard section. I then take it to the area I want to survey. I lay the square on a patch of ground then I identify and count the number of different species that are growing within the square.I do this in several surrounding areas to get a ratio of whats growing there. I'm not sure if this is what your asking about but I do hope it helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment