Thursday, May 20, 2010

How do I find out whether my backyard's underground is clear of bedrock prior to start excavation for the pool

I am planning of adding an underground pool on my backyard. There are quite a few rock veins throughout the property. I don't want to spend a fortune to dig through bedrock. I wonder if there are companies that will survey the land underground composition like EMP or Radar.

How do I find out whether my backyard's underground is clear of bedrock prior to start excavation for the pool
HI,





HAVE A REAL SIMPLE ANSWER FOR YOU THAT I USE AND SEE NO REASON WHY IT WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU!





GET YOURSELF AN ELECTRICAL GROUND ROD 8 TO 10 FEET LONG, LIKE IS USED TO PROTECT AN ELECTRIC CIRCUIT FROM LIGHTING. YOU CAN GET ONE FROM AN ELECTRIC SUPPLY HOUSE.





SET UP A GRID ON THE GROUND WHERE THE POOL WILL BE WITH STRING (STAKES IN THE GROUND AT WHATEVER INTERVAL YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE AROUND THE OUTSIDE EDGE).





JUST DRIVE THE ROD DOWN WITH A HAMMER AT EACH CHECKPOINT! PULL IT BACK OUT WITH VISE GRIPS CLAMPED TIGHTLY ON, AND AN AUTOMOBILE SCREW TYPE JACK PUSHING UP ON THE PLIERS! NOTHING HIGH TECH! ANYBODY CAN DO IT!





HAPPY HUNTING THIS SYSTEM WORKS AND YOU ONLY HAVE TO GO DOWN ABOUT A FOOT DEEPER THAN THE DEPTH OF THE POOL. SO IN YOUR SHALLOW END YOU ONLY NEED TO GO DOWN 5 OR SO FEET!





HAVE A GOOD DAY!





APS
Reply:There ae several ways that you can check for rock. One of the most commonly used is hiring a soil scientist to come out and analyize the soil. He/she will run a probe into the ground to find out the composition and give you the results. Depending on the depth you may have to have someone come out and drill test holes. My father did this 20 nyears ago when he dug his pond. Normally you will have to have a building pemit to put the pool in anyways and most states require that soil test be submitted before digging. There probably is someone out there that has radar or EMP devices to do the same but I have never heard of this being done.


No comments:

Post a Comment