Thursday, May 20, 2010

I am trying to refinance my home and need a copy of the survey.?

The title company, Common Wealth Land and Title is apparently no longer in business. Where can I go to get this information? I know that it should be included in my paperwork when I closed 12 years ago, but I may have misplaced that single sheet.

I am trying to refinance my home and need a copy of the survey.?
I wonder why your lender even needs it? Usually you only need a survey when you first buy the home. A refinance should be able to go by the legal description of your property already on file at the County Register or Trustees office.


As for a copy, call the Register of Deeds office- they should have it recorded- you will need to know the approximate date you closed originally- You might also try looking on your original title policy to see who they underwrote your title insurance with - Stewart Title, Land America Title etc. Even though the title company you went through is out of business, the company that underwrote the title insurance would not be.


Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment