Monday, May 24, 2010

I need advice on my final year undergraduate project in Business Information Systems.?

As a direct entrant to final year undergraduate BIS programme from an engineering (Land Surveying) background, I would like to write a project where I develop something using GIS. Problem is I do not know what to do. I think this stems from my limited programming skills. We have already written 1 group project and 1 individual project both of which were dissertations which is why I do not want to write another dissertation, believing (rightly or wrongly that) a development project will increase my chances of getting higher marks. Is there anyone out there with any advice on what I can or should do w.r.t. GIS and what I should learn in order to develop it?

I need advice on my final year undergraduate project in Business Information Systems.?
There is a lot you can do with your GIS knowledge. Geodetics is a hot area, with applications to measure reservoirs using aerial spot data etc.





You really don't have to code the program, if your focus is not programming, but more into solution design. You could develop the Architectural Document followed by Solution Design. These are the crucial parts of a program design and need a deep knowledge of the Solution Domain (GIS, in your case) and not much to do with programming itself. The third and the fourth parts (Component Design and Component Delivery Modules) are usually where a lot of programming knowledge is required.





Good luck. If you need more info, add additional details and I'll do my best to answer them:-))
Reply:May be you can contact a freelance programmer to help you code your project . Check websites like http://getafreelnacer.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment